May 26, 2011

Your life is speaking to you, what is it saying?

“People often ask me, what is the secret to the success of the show?  How have we lasted 25 years?  I non-jokingly say, “My team and Jesus.”  Because nothing but the hand of God has made this possible for me.  For all of you who get riled up when I mention God and you want to know which God am I talkin bout, I’m talkin about the same one you talk about: I’m talkin bout the alpha and omega, the omniscient, the omni-present, the ultimate consciousness, the source, the force, the all of everything there is, the one and only, G. O. D. – that’s the one I’m talking about.  I know I’ve never been alone and you haven’t either.  And I know that that presence, that flow, (some people call it grace), is working in my life at every single turn), and yours too if you let it in.  It’s closer than your breath and it is yours for the asking.  How do I know this?
 

…..From Mississippi, to this moment with you, I know what a miracle that is.   I have felt the presence of God my whole life even when I didn’t have a name for it I could feel the voice bigger than myself speaking to me and all of us have that same voice. Be still. And know it. You can acknowledge it or not.  You can worship it or not.  You can praise it. You can ignore it.  Or you can know it.  Know it.  It’s always there speaking to you. And waiting for you to hear it. In every move in every decision I wait, and I listen. I’m still. I wait and listen for the guidance that’s greater than my meager mind. The only time I ever made mistakes is when I didn’t listen.   So what I know is, God is love. And God is life. And your life is always speaking to you. First in whispers.  And a whisper is your life feels like, “Hmm. That’s odd.”  or “That don’t make no sense!” or “Hmm. Is that right?”  It’s subtle, those whispers – and if you don’t pay attention to the whispers it gets louder and louder, louder.  It’s like getting thumped upside the head, like my grandmother used to do – thump you upside the head.  If you don’t pay attention to that, it’s like a brick upside your head.  And if you don’t pay attention to that the whole brick wall falls down, that’s the pattern that’s I’ve seen in my life and it’s played out over and over again on this show. 

And so I ask you, what are the whispers in your life right now?  What’s whispering to you?   And will you hear it?  Your life is speaking to you, what is it saying? “ 

~Oprah, during her very last show, May 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment