Feb 4, 2012

Follow Your Dreams: Life lessons from Bonnie Matthews



Bonnie Matthews, who lost 130 lbs through mindfulness, love, courage, and hard work is now a trainer, coach, chef, illustrator and writer.  She inspires me just about every day through her daily motivational posts at Facebook and if you're on FB, I would highly recommend you connect with her.  Her post today resonated so deeply I wanted to share it again here with you.   From Bonnie:

"Follow your dreams and passions and don't ever let anyone tell you that you can't do something."  

She continues:  

I was never a good student in high school except for art and gourmet foods.  My 9th grade teacher called me a 'silly goose' when I told her I wanted to go to college. Her reply, "why bother applying you will never get in?"  
I went on to art school and became a designer. Later, I decided I wanted to be an illustrator. I was told by many people, "you'll never be an illustrator and get a kids book out." 

Thankfully, I didn't listen to them. I believed in myself. I visualized being who I wanted to be and do what I wanted to do. Today, the mail came, and validated my hard work. Now off to the gym to continue the work I started there 5 years ago....my health.

 It makes me so sad that people like teachers, parents, even people we know can all deflate our dreams or help lift us up...  It's so important to remain focused and follow your heart - whatever that is...whether it's to start your own business, follow your dream of being more fit, building a better career, making a recipe for the first time or whatever...  
If you want to do something,  make it happen. Working hard pays off.   Continue dreaming.... and follow your heart....
Great advice from Bonnie, and such an inspirational story ~ don't you think?   

No comments:

Post a Comment