Dec 1, 2011

Instapaper & TechyTalk

I've been totally techin out lately.  (I make words up).  Little antenna buds are startin' to sprout out the top of my head.  I've started muttering in robot when I think real hard. Today I checked out icloud for the first time &  downloa? uplo?  dow-  moved a bunch of pictures from my iphone to my computer.

SUPER COOL! 

And so handy! Why didn't Apple release that feature before?  They're so stingy with their goodies.

And with help from my friends, I've discovered SO many other things this week - apps, programs, concepts; like PinterestDelicious, Hootsuite, (thx @geekinhard & @theBLblog) Disqus, Posterous, Googleplus, Slideshare, AmazonAssociates, Spreadshirt, Canvaspop (thx @chrispugh), Pulse (thx @comicbookdave) .... Holy crap!  That's allot! And there was even more! I had no idea how much I've been learning until checking back at my notes.  (I've also started a new system to keep track of things which is working well! Ironically, it's a non-techy, oldschool system. Another post maybe?)

Anyway, Andrea (@holzinger3) asked about an app that I just installed and raved about at Twitter, so I thought I'd just explain here!   So with no further ado...


"Instapaper" 
My new favorite App
By annie



Why yes Andrea (@holzinger3)!  Yes it is!  I'm glad you asked!  Instapaper helps you keep things for later.  Which rocks!  Let me explain;

Today @skinnyemmie tweeted a link to an article that she wrote which sounded really interesting! 
EXHIBIT A:

But I was doing other things.

"What am I going to do?"  I wondered.  

"I want to read it.....but......"

  No problem!  My new Instapaper account is here to save the day!  
Now I can just click this here paperclip;
EXHIBIT B:
Select "READ LATER"..........................
SEE:

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd..............
EXHIBIT D:
SAVE IT!
EXHIBIT E:
BAM! 

Now I can just log on to Instapaper's website and I'll be able find @skinnyemmie's article along with the others anytime I want!  
EXHIBIT F:

EUREKA!  
This awesome app allows you to grab things that catch your interest, save them, and read them later!
Freakin genius I tell ya, GENIUS!


And that's the end of my story. 



The End. 


#bow

1 comment:

  1. 1. Glad you thought my post might be interesting
    2. I'm laughing out loud because I seriously use Instapaper all day, every day!

    Thanks for the shout out :)

    ReplyDelete